Thursday 19 June 2014

A slight departure

On Wednesday I had a sneaky couple of hours experimenting with The TooFatLardies Chain of Command, in mate Dr. Simon's splendid new wargaming shed.


We are playing a simple scenario set in North Africa, 1941.


Part way through the first turn, my Afrika Korps are getting rather shot-up by the 8th Army; already two are dead, and the shock markers are building up.  I hope to get another turn in, next week, time permitting.  By the way, those are the old Zama, boards; the gift that keeps on giving!  :-)

Neither of us are familiar with the rules, so we were finding our way as we went along.  I would say that the rules did seem to be fairly clear, though, and relatively simple, and I am already formulating a plan for using them in a rather unorthodox fashion...

No comments: