Thursday 8 May 2014

Back to black

...instead of following through on basing the yellow shields, I decided to push on and finish the second, black-shielded legion. These figures are around half of them, and are the ones that came ready painted; they are the work of three painters, who I like to think of as the good, the bad and the ugly. The "good" ones in row 3 and 4 are more well-painted ex-Legatus Hedlius minis, and just needed shield transfers. The "bad" ones in rows one and two needed a near complete repaint. The "ugly" ones at the rear had just been blocked in, and look much better for a little highlighting.


I need one more session on this lot's shields, two more on the rump of the minis, and then I can think about varnishing and basing. It is going so well, in fact, that I have cockily decided to paint a cohort or so of archers to provide some fire support.

If anyone would like to see all of the completed minis together, then they will be at Partizan on 1st June, and at the Wargames Holiday Centre on the 28th/29th June, where I'll putting on four large games.

No comments: