Tuesday 8 October 2013

The other Numidians...

The remaining 2 units of Numidian warband.  No elephants were harmed during the basing of these units.


During Caesar's African campaign, Numidian infantry were numerous, if not particularly effective.  I tend to mix them in with my Numidian skirmishers for games with my "To the Strongest!" rules.  


The figures are a mix of Foundry (Greek and Numidian), Companion and Crusader, I painted around half of them, and finished others from eBay and that I bought from Stephen Hales.  

I have lots more of these unpainted in the loft, and will return to this army again.  BTW, if anyone has any spare Companion imitation legionaries, I'm after some.  Juba apparently had 4 legions-worth, which would be around 190 minis in the scale I'm doing, and so far I only have 40.

5 comments:

Moiterei_1984 said...

Very nice painting again. The basing is excellent.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

They look great finished.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Outstanding units. The variety is really appealing.

DeanM said...

Nice warbands, the standards are lovely too. Best, Dean

fireymonkeyboy said...

Very cool. Liked the elephant base as well.

FMB