Tuesday 9 July 2013

Too much painting...

...not enough blogging.  Unfortunately, there are times one just has to get the bit between one's teeth and plough on to complete a project; this is one of those times!


These are the remainder of the painted Caesarians I had, plus two dozen I painted myself.  Together with the ones I completed earlier, they give me six cohorts and command; the core of a third legion.  Later, I'll add another four.  

Tonight we'll be trying the "lite" version of my rules in a Roman on Roman bash, based on the Thapsus battle that I'll be taking around the shows in the autumn.

9 comments:

Cyrus said...

Great looking Caesarian Romans, Simon!

Matt said...

Yet more Roman loveliness!

Well done sir. I admire your ability to focus and make good progress.

Cheers

Matt

adeptgamer said...

I wish I could paint with the capacity and skill you have. I think painting is greater than blogging so keep up the great work!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Prufrock said...

Lovely work - as ever - Simon!

Cheers,
Aaron

roma912 said...

Looking great! Your motivation and focus is an inspiration for us all.

Cheers, Ross

John thompson said...

An unbelievable production rate Simon. Not sure whether I will have any of my cohorts finished by Partizan...let me know if you need a spare pair of hands to push the toys around though.

John T

BigRedBat said...

Thanks again chaps!

Hi John, would be great if you could play! I'll let you know when the table is confirmed (I only applied for one yesterday).

Cheers, Simon

Corporal_Trim said...

Fine Romans, Simon. And I remain in awe of your powers of concentration and work rate.

Regards,
Steve