Sunday 16 June 2013

Caesarian


I had a productive day yesterday, and the 90-odd legionaries above are now inked, varnished and highlighted.  The tarted-up eBay cohorts at the back now match Nick's at the front, much better.  Below, left, are Nick's command stands, and right some mere primed legionaries that I'm going to mix in, to add a little variety.  Red seems like a promising base colour...  I'm still mulling over what to do with the horses at the back.


I've decided I'm going to base four cohorts in the first instance, and, after an interval, paint the extra figures for another two.

8 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Looking good. Red as a base colour..I might give that a go.
Jenga..isn´t that a brick stacking game?

BigRedBat said...

Red has its uses...

Yes Paul, Jenga is the toy. The blocks are a good size and weight to hold in the hand, and I put magnetic strip underneath, so they don't slide around on the tray.

Dalauppror said...

Looking very good Simon !!!

Best regards Michael

DeanM said...

Amazing production and quality as always, Simon. I loved your storage article in WS&S. Best, Dean

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Dean, I really enjoyed writing that that piece. I have another article coming out in the next one...

Cheers, Simon

Silver Whistle said...

Blimey! you don't do things by half. They look very impressive.
Cheers,
Pat.

Phil said...

That's a productive day, you're right...great work!
Phil.

Shaun said...

wow, that was a productive day ;-)