Friday 25 January 2013

Machimoi

Tonight I'm finishing the flocking of the first two line phalanx (photos to follow tomorrow), and tomorrow I start work on the first two native Eygyptian Machimoi phalanx. These will include a number of unarmoured, recently recruited Egyptians, pressesd into service by Ptolemy's leading courtier, Sosibus.


To this end I was very lucky that my Raphia partner in wargaming crime, Craig, very kindly sent me a dozen painted minis, and Shaun aka Redzed, has just most generously chucked me 48 more unpainted, unarmoured minis!  6 of Craig's painted minis are above (the finished ones), mixed in with 6 part painted from ebay, and 6 unpainted. I now need to paint 27 Polemarchs, and add new pikes to 57 more more I bought off Gareth Lane.  Busy, busy, busy!

I'm still on the lookout for the phalanx characters in straw hats, if anyone has any to swap.  I also need lots of the 100mm Foundry steel pins.  If anyone has any spare, I would very happily swap for the 100mm North Star pikes, which I have bags of.  Please email me at the address above.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Following the project's progress has become quite exciting! Looking forward to those new photos....

BigRedBat said...

Exciting? It's like watching paint dry. ;-) Simon

Corporal_Trim said...

I salute your focus and dedication to sticking to the task, Simon. These look very good too. Should go a bit faster without the armor, eh ?

Regards,
Steve

BigRedBat said...

Please god yes, Steve! I hate painting the straps on the greaves.