Tuesday 6 November 2012

The very last of my vikings

Today I’ll be listing on eBay the personality figures for the Viking army I’ve recently posted.   All images can be clicked for greater detail.  They are all matt varnished and based to a high standard.  Links go to the relevant auctions, I've started them all at 99p.



28mm Foundry Viking Jarl with Standard.  The Jarl is armed with a 2 handed axe, and his standard-bearer a sword ; perfect as a CinC or army standard.  These Foundry miniatures have been painted to a very high standard and based on a 40mm diameter magnetised MDF base.



28mm Viking Looters.  Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat- oh no, the Vikings have got it!  Dixon Vikings, painted to a superb standard.



28mm Viking Drinker.  Every Viking camp needs one!   Another Dixon Viking, painted to a very high standard.



28mm Viking adventurer.  Rather reminds me of Viggo Mortensen, this chap...  swordsman with bow.  Painted to a high standard.



28mm Viking Berserk.  Enthusiastic Berserk!  Painted to a high standard.


And last but certainly not least... 28mm Viking Cart.  This is a lovely Gripping Beast handcart with two beautifully naturalistic Viking looters, again painted and based to a superb standard; my favourite of all the pieces.  Perfect in a camp, or as an objective marker.

And those are the very last miniatures in my viking army; unless you want my longhouse... which is for sale, but not going on eBay.

Update- all sold, thanks!

12 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Beautiful figures, I love the cart stand.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Ray; I think the cart is narrowly nicer than the Jarl, and is my favourite! Simon

Michael Awdry said...

Absolutely stunning, really characterful miniatures.

DeanM said...

Simply beautiful and marvelous pieces. I love the one holding the fowl as well as the warlord. Best, Dean

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Dean and Michael. Not all my painting, I'm afraid. Nick Speller painted the lovely goose and looters.

Cheers, Simon

Millsy said...

Simply beautiful. I don't know how you can bear to part with them!

Dalauppror said...

Lovely Minis Simon !!!

Best regards Michael

Paul O'G said...

Beautiful indeed - they NEED to join my Dark Ages hordes!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps; a shame to part with them, but I need the space for equally pretty toys!

Steve h said...

All gorgeous but I have to say the hand cart vignette is top of the bunch, I will have to copy that idea!

fireymonkeyboy said...

Damn, that flag is fantastic!

EinarOlafson said...

Those miniatures are fantastic!! I have to look to Dixon website just now!!