Friday 28 September 2012

Got wheels

A timely delivery of Relic's very nice chariot wheels has enabled me to replace the clunkier Wargames Factory wheels.  Here is the "before"...


...and below is the rather more elegant "after"!  Much closer to Wetwang, I think.


At Mike's suggestion, I have further shortended the chariot pole, which I think really helps with the look of the chariot.  I've built oval-shaped bases out of plastic, laser cut ply and magnetic sheet, so that I can make the chariots skrimish.  The round plywood disk raises the chariot to the level of the bases of the horses.

Mike also kindly sent me a complete chariot, which I'll assemble over the coming days, and post here; it's a lovely piece.  Thanks Mike!

3 comments:

PatG said...

Much better looking. Pimp My Chariot coming to a games table near you.... ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree... looks far better, especially with the shorter pole!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Hurkhard.

Pat, I'm reminded of the Johnny Cash classic "I did it one piece at a time.."

Cheers, Simon