Sunday 19 August 2012

More Praetorian WIPs


I've not had a chance to post regularly, as I've been very busy, preparing for the Partizan game.  Here are some of the most recent units, which I'm in process of basing.  At the rear is a cohort of auxiliaries formerly of Legatus Hedlius' collection (re-based and expanded to 24).  At the front are 2 cohorts of Praetorians from the brush of Nick Speller, which he very kindly rushed to me.   I'll post proper pics, as time permits...

I now just have one Ala of cavalry to finish and base, and a bunch of terrain pieces.  It is going pretty well!

6 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Excellent looking units.
Cheers
Paul

Dalauppror said...

Very good looking units !!!

best regards Michael

Maashes said...

I have been reviewing your Blog. Your basing is very dynamic. Your cohorts visually interesting and impressive. What size are your romans based on? Are you using steel, MDF, or plastic?

Cheers

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Maashes, these are mostly based in 8s on 60 wide, 50 deep bases, which is, as minis have become bigger, becoming my favourite size. Two of the elements are in 4s on 60 wide, 25 deep bases, so that the unit has the capability of forming 3 deep.

The bases are card with magnabase underneath.

Cheers, Simon

Schrumpfkopf said...

Romans in tight order are the next best thing to Napoleonics in tight order.

Looks fantastic so far

Maashes said...

Thank you.

Love the look. Keep the updates coming!