Sunday 29 July 2012

Templum

Yesterday I started work on this piece from Monolith Designs, which is destined to be the temple of the twins at the eponymous battle of Ad Castores.  I fancied a smaller temple, without pillars, as the battle was fought in the countryside.


I really like the design of this piece, although there are a lot of tiny air bubbles on the tiled roof (you can see them if you click).  I've filled the worst of them, and am hoping that the remainder won't be particularly noticeable, once painted.

9 comments:

Silver Whistle said...

I see what you mean about the bubbles but still a nice looking piece. Look forward to seeing this painted up.

Matt said...

Crumbs! I see what you mean about the casting & bubbles. I think a return is in order. But if you're happy to fill 'em then that's your call.

Look forward to seeing the finished item.

Regards

Matt

BigRedBat said...

Thanks both; I think I'm going to have to fill them, as Monolith customer service doesn't have a great rep! Worth it, it's a nice piece.

Michael Awdry said...

Thank goodness for liquid greenstuff eh! A great looking piece, just such a shame about the bubbles.

Ray Rousell said...

I'd send it back, why do some companies still send out tatty items, its just not good enough!!

BigRedBat said...

I've not got the liquid stuff, yet (a pity, should imagine it would do nicely) but tonight I filled the holes with old school green stuff!

Holes aside, it's a corking nice piece. Wasn't dear either.

Cheers, Simon

Willie Anderson said...

Good looking building looking forward to the paint job!

Happy said...

There not moulding bubbles......they are the damaged caused by lead sling bullets hitting the roof!

Happy said...

There not moulding bubbles......they are the damaged caused by lead sling bullets hitting the roof!