Tuesday 18 October 2011

Per Mare, Per Terram

(The motto is of our Royal Marines; seems appropriate!)

20 more recruits for my rapidly-mustering ex-marine legion, I Adiutrix.  This time I've gone with a pale (almost duck-egg) blue tunic.   These are 20 more almost total repaints of an eBay purchase.  I replaced all the original pila with new pila I made by cutting the heads off old pila, and drilling metal pins into them, so as to get nice, thin shafts.  Bonkers, I know, but I shall do the same with all my pila in future!  Only 40 minis to go, now... and 80 shields, still on order.

I'll now take a little while off this force, to finish the Middle Imperial Cohort that has been on my painting tray for a month.   After that I may have a crack at the new Marcommanic-war Romans*, that I've just bought off Keith at Aventine.

*Very Late Early Imperial, one might call them.  Or Very Early Middle Imperial, I suppose...

9 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Lovely!!! Are they getting the scuta with dolphin pattern?
Cheers
paul

BigRedBat said...

Yes indeedy, Paul. It's a lovely design, isn't it.

legatus hedlius said...

They look very striking in those blue tunics!

Guidowg said...

Fantastic work once again

Rodger said...

Very nice work.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks all. I'm just l itching to start the third batch...

Paulalba said...

Sweet painting!
Cheers
Paul

JAMES ROACH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BigRedBat said...

Hi James, will be in touch! I've taken down your post as it hd your email on.

Cheers, Simon