Friday 8 January 2010

I'm a Dreadnought!

I was surprised (nay delighted) to hear this morning that the Galactic People's Republic have named their latest Stalingrad Class Star Dreadnought after me.  There's a lot more about it on Gregs's Blog:-

http://gloarmy.blogspot.com/2010/01/arsenal.html

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Greg's game; it should be stunning.  It'll need a large table to play on, though!

In other news...  I've not posted for a few days because I've been breaking my back trying to finish the basing on my Numidian army.  It has been a tough job, not helped by the fact I mistakenly used PVA, last night, instead of ScatterGrip and most of my flock has fallen off.  :-(

4 comments:

Game Master Rob Adams said...

I paint the bases with green or brown paint then flock them and then use a water down pva glue over the flock and then spray it with matte. Seems to work fairly well.

BigRedBat said...

Hi ACG, I find ScatterGrip has much better adhesion than PVA, with static grass. I was annoyed I forgot it, because I'll need to return and use it on some of the bases I've already done; the patches oif grass are just too thin.

Game Master Rob Adams said...

Do they sell that in the states?

BigRedBat said...

Not sure. I buy mine from Antenociti in the UK.

http://www.barrule.com/workshop/

It is very good stuff; very tacky. Would be good to use if sticking foliage to trees, for example.