Saturday 12 December 2009

Dead Nellie

I'm trying to sculpt a dead African forest elephant for our Zama project.  This is because I don't expect any of the actual elephant models in the game to survive past the first 15 minutes!   Ideally, I want a dead model to replace each live one when slain.

It is safe to say that it is an at an early stage... I feel that I have the shape very approximately right but none of the details are added, yet.  It's much smaller than most elephants we see, at roughly 40mm to the shoulder.

6 comments:

Game Master Rob Adams said...

Oh Nellie!

BigRedBat said...

I packed some greenstuff onto the trunk this AM...

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Most elephant models come in two halves, I woner if you couldn't start by pulling a copy of one of those, then modify it to look dead?

I have to say, what you have here is pretty close already. Your sculpting skills in green stuff are amazing.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Allan, but no one does a nice African Forest Nellie! Mind you I have my fingers crossed for Aventine's one, due out in the new year.

It's looking better today; head and front legs are more or less there. Photo tomorrow.

Grégory Privat said...

Damn ! They killed Kenny ! Err : Nellie !

BigRedBat said...

Have a look tomorrow for the updated photo. It is starting to look quite elephant-like.