Sunday 25 October 2009


Here's a brief extract from my eldest's cartoon log of the old-school AD&D dungeon adventure I've been running.  The observant may note that the party has swelled in size with the addition of a druid (played by youngest son) and his badger.  The badger has proved a more capable fighter than several of the other party members...  We don't have a badger model; Harry appears to have drawn the giant rat that we use in his place, but tail-less !

This week the party entered a throne room, but decided discretion was the better part of valour when they found that they faced with a fiery-eyed lich, casting fire magics.  A minority of the party wanted to return to reason with the lich... this led to much soiling of pants and a very rapid retreat.

A later encounter with a faerie led to an enjoyable riddling contest, through which the party ultimately won a magic, talking stave.

"Earth born sword I stab the sky, but bow down low for passersby.  So what am I?"

6 comments:

Andrew said...

Fun! I'm glad to see the new drawing. You need to get a badger model! A quick look on eBay pulls up a snarling badger / dwarf druid pair made by Reaper. There's also a charming little badger sold by RLBPS

Consul said...

I'm afraid I'm no good at riddles!

Nice cartoons too - i'm no good at those either! Although I may give them a try one day, might make my blog's characters more interesting!

BigRedBat said...

Hi Andrew, I hesitate to buy a badger, becasue he is about to level and wants a bear, instead! Fickle druid. That Reaper model is tempting, though...

No takers on the riddle? :-)

Andrew said...

Yes, now I'm tempted by that badger too. It's a nice model. I have a growing collection of animals, so I just might have to get it!

ZeroTwentythree said...

You know, I almost bought a pack of Reaper familiars for another on of the figures in the pack last weekend. I would have sent the badger as a donation to the cause. I wish I would have remembered before leaving the store.

I think it was a badger. Or wolverine. Part of one of the Reaper Familiar packs. I forgot it in my hurry to get back home, though. :(

In any case, I enjoyed the update. Let the party know they have fans. :)

BigRedBat said...

I will, z23! Thanks, Simon